With the growing features of Google Maps and the interest it is generating, we have been asked “How to get added?”- Here are the instructions, straight from the mouth of Google!
We gather business information from numerous websites, Yellow Pages directories, and other sources to populate Google Maps search results. If you’d like to be included, you can easily enter your information into our online Local Business Center for free. Here’s how:
- Visit the Local Business Center.
- If you already have a Google Account, sign in with your email and password.
- If you don’t have a Google Account, click Sign up for an account now.
- Follow the instructions to create a listing.
Please remember these points:
- The street address you enter will be shown in the Google Maps search results.
- If you already have an AdWords login address and password, you can use it to log in to the Local Business Center.
- Once you’ve submitted your business information, you’ll need to verify the listing before it goes live. You can verify using a touch-tone phone, SMS, or a PIN that will be sent via regular mail to your business address. Once the listing is verified, your information will normally appear in our results within six weeks.
- You must be able to receive regular mail at your business address if you are unable to verify by phone or SMS. A post office box can be used to register. The address you enter in the Google Local Business Center will be the address to which your PIN mailer is sent, and it will also be the address displayed in Google Maps results.
Want to add more than 10 business locations? You’re welcome to submit your information as a bulk upload through the Local Business Center. For information on creating a bulk upload, please select ‘Upload a Data File’ in your Local Business Center account and then follow our bulk upload instructions.
- The Google Local Business Center is currently available only for businesses in the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, the United Kingdom, China, and Japan.
- For information about adding your website to Google, please review the Webmaster Help Center.
- There’s no charge for Local Business Center listings. Google doesn’t accept payment to include listings or sites in our search results. However, we do offer locally-targeted advertising through our AdWords program. With AdWords, you can run your paid ads near our unpaid search results, and your ads will be clearly marked as sponsored advertising.