Theme Builder is a great way to build your basic website and customize it with your colors, logo, and headers. To start using theme builder you will want to login to your datAvenger. From here go to settings and click the themes tab. Here we have some preset themes and the Theme Builder. If you would like to just use one of the preset themes, click it to highlight that theme, and then click choose. This will provide the preset theme for your website.
If you want to use the Theme Builder, choose that option from the themes page and click choose. This will bring you to the Theme Builder customization screen. Here you can customize a few things to help build your website.
- Highlight – what color the headings for your site will be, as well as the border below the header and above the footer.
- Link – what color your links will show up with.
- Background – what color your site’s background will be.
- Sidebar – what color the site’s sidebar will be.
- Footer – what color the footer of your site will be.
When working with the color picker for any of these items, you will choose your color and then will need to click off of the picker to set that color to the item.
- Logo – lets you choose the logo for your site. This image will need to be uploaded into the assets section of the site to be used. The logo will show up in the top left corner of your site.
- Image – lets you choose a header image for your site. This image will need to be uploaded into assets as well in order for you to use it. The header image needs to be 960 px wide by 200 px tall. If your image is a different size than that it will be cropped/resized to fit. For optimized viewing you should try and do the cropping and resizing of your image before uploading it to assets.
- Sidebar – allows you to designate a specific page on your site to be in the sidebar. This content will show up below the navigation on the left side of the site. We find it helpful to name your sidebar page with all lowercase letters to set it apart from the rest so that you can find it easier in all of your pages.
Once you have made all of the necessary changes to your theme, simply hit save and the new theme changes will be live to the world.
If ever you want to make changes to your theme, just head back into the settings area and themes, and choose the Theme Builder again. You will see all of your current settings and can make any necessary changes.
To control the navigation for your site you will need to setup manual control of it, watch this video to find out how to do that.
It is important to note that if your website has a custom theme built for you by the Sephone team, then changing to the Theme Builder or a preset theme will remove the custom theme we have made for you. If this happens please let us know so that we can correct it for you.