If we don’t know where we were, how do we know where we are going?
Since 2015 is over and the holidays have ended, it is a great time to look at last year. If you are or have done some efforts in social media let’s pull it together and see how we did.
Make A List
Make a list of the different sources that you used last year, your Facebook page, your newsletter, blog, twitter, pinterest whichever things you engaged in for your business, make a list in a notebook, on a whiteboard on a spreadsheet.
How much attention did each platform get in 2015?
- How many times did you posts on your blog were done?
- How many Facebook posts?
- How many Newsletters?
- How many people are participating in our Instagram efforts?
Goals are Helpful
Did you have goals for each platform if you did, did you write them down and share them? If you didn’t, you can change that for 2016, make goals now. Clear and simple. “We want to send out Newsletters quarterly.” “We want to post weekly in our blog.”
Do The Math
Goal vs. Actual or just Actual if you didn’t have 2015 goals but set them for 2016.
Plan for 2016
We are well into 2016, but it isn’t too late.
- Engage others in your efforts so it is “everyone” helping and “everyone’s” creativity along with everyone’s effort.
- Track and Report numbers monthly or weekly to keep your social efforts top of mind and not in the rearview mirror.
- Recognize people that help, encourage others that are squeamish.
Even though February starts next week – it’s not too late to look at last year and make adjustments or just start fresh on some goals for this year.